Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti
Creamy Bacon and Mushrooms Spaghetti
"This version is made without wine but retains huge flavour as the large quantity of bacon infuses the cream with salty goodness. It's indulgent, creamy and perfect for a treat or date night. Serve over spaghetti or rice. "
- Cut and prep the ingredients before starting. If eating with spaghetti or rice, put this to the boil at the beginning.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, then add the bacon. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the bacon changes colour.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes until beginning to soften.
- Pour in 150 ml double cream, 3 tbsp water, and ½ a chicken stock cube. Stir to dissolve the stock cube and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes (or longer if you prefer a thicker sauce).
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss the sauce through the spaghetti and garnish with the salad cress.
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.