Smokey Spanish Grains w/ Hake, Chorizo and Peppers
Smoky Spanish Grains with Hake, Chorizo and Peppers
"Smoky, sweet, savoury and super satisfying. You can vary the recipe almost endlessly; exchange the hake for chicken, change the fish to whatever’s freshest, add grilled halloumi or melt mozzarella on top, stir in roast meat or vegetables then bake it into a pie, You can also cook a vegan version by adding roast squash, chestnuts, or sundried tomatoes."
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Get a large shallow pan. Add the onions, garlic, peppers and olive oil. Cover and sweat over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the smoky Spanish-style grains and rice, tinned tomatoes, chorizo and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened a little. Season to taste with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Transfer to an oven dish. Season the hake with a drizzle olive oil, a pinch salt, pepper and paprika. Place the hake onto the the rice and press to submerge them up to about halfway.
- Oven bake for for 10 minutes until the hake are just cooked through. Take the pan out of the oven. Leave to sit for 3 minutes. Grate the orange zest and then sprinkle the parsley over the top if using.
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Merchant Gourmet Inspired Spanish Grains