20 minute Curried Rice with Mackerel
20 minute Kedgeree w/ mackerel
"Easy to make, tons of flavour and a good source of nutrition. This spiced (but not too spicy) curried rice dish is a go-to recipe that works every time. You can swap the tinned mackerel for smoked mackerel for a deluxe version!"
- Defrost the frozen peas in a bowl of boiling water.
- Next, add the eggs to a pan and cover with boiling water. Bring to a gentle simmer for 6 minutes before removing and running under cold water for 30 seconds. Discard the shells and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour a tbsp. of the oil from the mackerel tin into a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and curry powder along with the water and cook for a couple minutes until the tomatoes start to lose their shape.
- Add the mackerel and mix together to break up the flesh.
- Throw in the cooked rice and add the defrosted peas (drained). Roughly chop the eggs and stir -fry together for a 3-4 minutes to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the coriander.
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Nutritious and tasty