Creamy Chicken & Mushroom w/ Rice
Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
"Our favourite indulgent recipe! It's a beautiful meal to make for a loved one, and simply tastes incredible. The great news is it only takes 30 mins and has that wow factor that will impress your guests. Serve with spaghetti or rice."
- Cut and prep the ingredients before starting. If eating with spaghetti or rice, put this to the boil at the same time as cooking the chicken.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the chicken and fry on one side for 3-4 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper and transfer the almost cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the temperature to medium-low and add a tsp olive oil to the frying pan. Sauté the onion and garlic for 4 minutes, then add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the white wine and turn the heat to full for 45 seconds to burn off the alcohol.
- Add the double cream, water, chicken stock cube and chicken pieces. Stir to dissolve the stock cube and bring to a bubbling boil. Cook for 5 minutes (or longer if you prefer a thicker sauce).
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve with spaghetti or rice. (Perfectly delicious eaten on its own!)
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.