Chicken Tray Bake with Roast Vegetables
Chicken Tray Bake with Roast Veg
"Tender butterflied chicken is an incredibly impressive (and tasty) dish but yet is so simple to prepare. Cook this one to impress your significant other, or when friends are over. If you're cooking for 2 people there'll be plenty leftover for lunch tomorrow."
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan 180℃/gas mark 6).
- Locate the back bone of the chicken and (using strong scissors) cut along either side to remove the bone. Do not discard the bone as it can be used to make a beautiful chicken stock. Flip the chicken and press firmly down on the breast. This will flatten the bird and allow it to cook evenly. Drizzle a little oil onto the skin and season with salt and pepper. Place in a large roasting tray.
- Meanwhile, add the baby potatoes, ½ the cherry tomatoes, the green pepper, red onion and minced garlic to a large bowl and toss together with 3 tbsp. olive oil and a good pinch of seasoning, then pour the veg into the tray around the chicken.
- Roast in the middle oven for 45 minutes then add the rest of the tomatoes and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked through then serve a breast or leg per person saving the carcass and extra meat for other recipes.
A showstopping tender chicken recipe