Chicken and Egg Noodles with Wilted Spinach
Chicken and Egg Noodles
"A firm favourite in our house, this is a go-to recipe when you're short on time and want to make something tasty with just a few simple ingredients."
Cook Time: 15 mins | Servings: 2 | Difficulty: easy
2 portions egg noodles
2 portions spaghetti or rice noodles
2 chicken legs, cooked and shredded
2 chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
w tbsp soy sauce + 1 tbsp
1 tbsp oyster sauce + 1 tbsp
1 tbsp vegetable oil + 1 tbso
1 tbsp sesame oil + 1 tbso
1 clove garlic, minced
2 handfuls spinach
2 handfuls bok choi
1/4 red onion, finely sliced into half moons
2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling water for 5-8 minutes until soft, then drain ready for use.
- Meanwhile, prepare the marinade in a bowl by mixing 2 tbsp. soy sauce with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and a minced clove of garlic.
- Add a tbsp. oil to a medium hot non-stick frying pan and pour in the beaten eggs. Gently scramble until the egg have set then add to the marinade in the bowl along with the shredded chicken. Mix well, then pour back into the frying pan to re-heat the chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked egg noodles and 2 handful of spinach. Toss together for a couple minutes until hot and the spinach has wilted.
- Garnish with the finely sliced red onion, some sprinkled peanuts and a splash of soy sauce and pepper to taste.
This recipe can be made using leftover shredded chicken, just heat through until piping hot before eating.
15 minute meal