Far East Style Egg and Greens
Far East Style Egg with Greens
"This Far Eastern delight makes a nourishing start to the day. In Singapore the egg is very lightly boiled so that even the white is runny! I don’t recommend that as uncooked egg can contain salmonella. Instead opt for a free range (organic is best) egg and soft boil it for 4 ½ - 5 minutes."
- Boil a deep pan of water and then lower the heat to a gentle simmer, then carefully place your eggs in the water (lower it in using a spoon) and cook for 4 ½ - 5 minutes.
- Remove with a spoon and place under cool running water for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat off and pour out most of the boiling water leaving 1 cm in the bottom of the pan. Add the spinach and a lid. Put some toast on.
- Gently tap and roll the egg on a flat surface to crack the shell, and then carefully peel.
- By now the spinach should have wilted, (if not, turn the heat on and stir until the leaves wilt). Butter the toast and place in a bowl. Drain the spinach and arrange over the toast. Place the egg on top and drizzle with soya sauce, sesame oil and chilli flakes.
Nutrient rich and full of big flavours
Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch