North African Chicken, Chickpea and Tomato Skillet
North African Chicken, Chickpea & Tomato Skillet
"A simple dish packed with flavour and goodness. This North African inspired recipe uses tandoori spice mix and tomatoes to create a warm and hearty meal. Serve with crust bread or a poached egg!"
- Add a tsp oil and fry the chicken for 4- 5 minutes, then remove and rest on a plate.
- Add the oil to a non-stick frying pan and saute the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the chickpeas and the half-cooked chicken and heat through for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and tandoori spice mix, and heat through for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook until the liquid has reduced and the chicken has cooked through, approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir together until wilted. Season with salt and pepper if needed, and serve over hot buttered toast.
NEW FEATURE: Step by step recipes images...
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Packed with protein