Halloumi, Mushroom, Quinoa & Rice Salad
Halloumi, Mushroom, Quinoa and Rice Salad
"When you're short on time this tasty one pan meals will fill you up and satisfy your taste buds in under 20 minutes. Taste test without the soy sauce first, and add a splash if you want that extra flavour! "
- Prepare the vegetables. Chop the mushrooms in to equal sized pieces and roughly chop the tomatoes. Mince two cloves garlic
- Melt 1 tbsp butter over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan and add the mushrooms
- Cook until just starting to brown, then add ¾ of the tomatoes, the minced garlic, 2 tsp mixed herbs, and a pinch of salt
- Once the tomatoes are beginning to fall apart, add the pre-cooked quinoa and rice, a tbsp water, and two pinches of chilli flakes, if you like things spicy. Mix together for a couple minutes to heat through
- Add the spinach. Stir together until the spinach is wilted, then add the remaining tomatoes. Divide the rice between to plates then cook the halloumi
- Slice the halloumi into thin strips. Add a tsp oil to the frying pan and fry over a medium heat for 1 minute each side, or until just turning golden
- Season the rice with 1 tbsp soy sauce if desired, and serve the halloumi on top of the rice
NEW FEATURE: Step by step recipes images...
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Quick & Tasty