Sesame Chicken & Broccoli Stir-fry w/ Soy Tahini Dressing
Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry w/ Soy Tahini Dressing
"Soy and Tahini makes a superb dressing that is lip-smackingly good and can be added to stir-fries, vegetables and meats. If you've not come across tahini, it's a smooth paste made from blended sesame seeds. Most supermarkets stock it these days. "
- Add 2 tbsp sesame seeds to a non-stick frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Move them around so they do not burn.
- Prep the vegetables. Chop the broccoli into small florets, peel the stem and cut into thin batons. Mince two cloves of garlic.
- Cut to chicken breasts into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Get a non-stick frying pan medium-hot and add 3 tbsp water. Add the broccoli florets (not the stems) and cook for 3 minutes before adding 3 more tbsp water and the garlic. Cook for one minute then pour onto a plate for later.
- Add a tbsp oil to thefrying pan and cook the chicken 3-4 minutes one side, then 3-4 minutes the other side until completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour 3 tbsp tahini paste into a jar or bowl along with 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp water. Mix together until combined.
- Add the broccoli and broccoli stems into the pan with the chicken and heat through on a medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add a splash of water to a pan and heat the rice for 2 minutes until hot. (or follow the packet instructions for microwave).
NEW FEATURE: Step by step recipes images...
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
chicken and broccoli