Herby Chicken and Avocado Salad with Chicken Crackling
Herby chicken and avocado salad
"Make this delicious salad with the leftover's from a roast chicken, or our succulent honey garlic chicken recipe. It's so quick to make and tastes wonderful when paired with the crispy chicken crackling. Don't be put off by cooking the chicken skin it makes a beautiful crispy crackling that you'll want to make again and again."
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (fan 200℃/gas mark 7).
- Place a wire rack on top of an oven tray, or line it with foil. Lay the chicken skins on the wire rack. Place near the top of the oven for 15–20 minutes until golden and puffed up like crackling. Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing by mixing the olive oil, honey, soy sauce and mixed herbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and beat with a fork until combined.
- Add the chicken to the salad dressing. Toss together to coat the chicken and then add in the lettuce, tomatoes and sliced red onion.
- Divide everything between two bowls and top with quarters of avocado and the crispy chicken skin.
tender chicken in a herby honey marinade