Lucky Chicken 'One Pot' bake
Lucky Chicken (One Pot) Bake
"A delicious recipe from the Tiny Budget Cookbook and a firm favourite for feeding groups . It’s as simple as throwing the ingredients into an oven and leaving to become delicious. There’s really no need to spend hours slaving away only to find your guests have finished all the drink and cheated at monopoly ;)"
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC (fan 190°C/ gas mark 6).
- Drain and rinse the butterbeans and add them to a large oven tray or baking dish along with the garlic, onion, bacon, chopped tomatoes, a good pinch of pepper and the pepper pieces.
- Thoroughly mix everything together and place the chicken thighs skin-side up on top of the veg. Drizzle a little of the oil over the chicken skin and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40–45 minutes. The chicken skin will turn crisp and golden and the veg soft and juicy.
- Place the cous cous in a bowl, add the chicken stock cube and pour over enough boiling water to reach about 1cm above the grains. Stir together and cover for 5 minutes until soft and fluffy. Serve hot with a grating of cheese if available
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.