Beef (or Pork) tomato Ragu With Spaghetti
Pork and Tomato Ragu Spaghetti
"The aroma of this cooking will get your taste buds flowing and as soon as you taste it you'll be okay with the short wait. Yes, it takes an hour or so on the hob (cook for 1:20 if you can wait) but it only takes minutes to prep leaving you with time to relax. Full of gorgeous flavours and juicy pork mince, don't forget it freezes well so make a double batch if you like. "
- Add the oil to a deep pot and sauté the onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the finely diced carrot and the pork mince and cook for a further 5 minutes to soften the carrot and brown the mince.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock, and throw in a bay leaf (if available) and a small piece of chilli. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for one hour. Check the consistency and cook until a nice luxurious thick sauce.
- Cook 4 portions of spaghetti and mix the ragu throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with a generous grating of cheddar cheese.