Healthier Roast Chicken, Potatoes and Vegetables
Healthy Chicken, Potato and Veg Tray Roast
"Chicken is one of the healthier meats and is typically leaner than chicken thighs, Although some argue the thigh is juicier, the breast works really well in this simple throw together weeknight recipe. Keep the skin on the potato for extra nutrients and a slightly crispy skin! Packed with vegetables, and seasoned with a sprinkle of tandoori spice mix, it's a weeknight winner. If you don't have tandoori spice mix, go for smoked paprika, it works equally as well. 10 mins prep, 40 mins in the oven."
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
- Chop the peppers into quarters, slice the red onion into 8 segments and add to a large oven tray. Chop the potato into 1 cm thick pieces, and add to the tray along with the whole tomatoes
- Finely mince 3 cloves garlic and add to the tray along with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss together to coat in the olive oil.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 2 equal pieces. Season with a splash of olive oil and 1 tbsp tandoori spice mix. Make sure there is an even layer of seasoning.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Have you made this? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Winner Winner CHicken...