Honey Garlic Chicken with Aromatic Rice
Honey Garlic Chicken
"A mouth-watering tender chicken in a sticky honey garlic marinade. This recipe feeds 4 people, or 2 with leftovers for tomorrow."
Cook Time: 50 mins | Servings: 4 | Difficulty: easy
100 ml honey
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp thyme
5 cloves garlic, minced
pinch salt and pepper
800g skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
800g chicken breast
1/2 chicken stock cube
1/2 vegetable stock cube
1/2 spring onion, chopped
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lime zest
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan 180℃/gas mark 6).
- Add the honey, 4 tablespoons of the soy sauce, mixed herbs and minced garlic to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk together to combine. Pour into an oven dish and set aside.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. You can use this to make the crispy chicken skin for the Chicken and Avocado Salad (tomorrow’s lunch). Remove and discard any excess fat from the meat and then place the thighs into the honey garlic sauce. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- With 15 minutes to go, make the sticky rice. Boil the rice in plenty of water seasoned with half a chicken stock cube. Once cooked, drain and return to the pot. Add the spring onion, lemon zest and butter, then vigorously mix until sticky.
- Serve the rice with the sauce from the oven dish and one chicken thigh each.
- Keep the remaining chicken thighs in the fridge to make the Chicken and Avocado Salad.
To barbecue this, place the chicken and sauce in a single layer on a large piece of kitchen foil. Double-wrap to create an airtight parcel. Cook over a medium-hot barbecue for 30 minutes turning once halfway through. Remove the chicken and place directly on the barbecue grill for another 5 minutes each side to give some colour and finish cooking. Check the meat is cooked and then drizzle the sauce over the cooked meat.
sticky honey glazed garlic chicken!